Granite and marble countertops in my kitchen
Marble countertops are a great way to decorate your home, especially kitchen and give it an unusual look. They are becoming more popular, displacing wooden counters from the market.
You can buy a marble countertop in almost any color and shade. The rich texture of the stone will decorate any kitchen. Thanks to polishing we get an absolutely smooth surface, on which the original stone pattern is clearly visible.
They do not require special care and can last several decades. It is environmentally friendly, low absorption material.
Are granite countertops worth it and why?
Although the price for granite countertops is relatively high, it’s worth it due to lots of undeniable advantages.
The benefits of granite countertops are:
- Uniqueness – the pattern on the surface of granite is natural, and each plate will be slightly different. This makes your kitchen granite countertop unique.
- Scratch-resistant – Granite countertops are very durable and scratch-resistant. Countertops made from other materials are fairly easy to scratch.
- Withstands high temperatures – you can safely put hot objects (pans, pans) and they will not burn your granite countertop.
- Aesthetics – Granite is one of the most beautiful breeds to use as a material for the manufacture of kitchen worktops.
- Value – A granite worktop will add more value to your property than it is made from other inexpensive materials.
- Price – Recently, the price of granite has decreased, as well as quite a few varieties of granite, and you can choose the one that is completely satisfied with the price. It happens quite often that the cost of a granite countertop is comparable to the price of the same countertop made of artificial materials.
- Processing – Of course, it depends on your taste. And granite can be processed according to your wishes. The tabletop may be polished granite, polished, or you may want a heat-treated surface treatment, there are no restrictions.
The only disadvantages of granite countertops are:
- Spots – over time, if not taken proper care, spots may appear on it.
- Price – granite is a fairly expensive material.
What are cheaper alternatives to granite countertops?
If granite countertop is too expensive for you or just doesn’t suit your taste, you may consider other not worse but cheaper alternative materials:
- Stainless Steel
- Sintered Stone
Before making up your mind you’d better compare the pros and cons, prices of these options. There’re some good websites giving useful advice and providing detailed information on the majority of matters. For example, compacom.com helps you compare different companies offering loans up to $5,000 online to make the right choice. Besides, on this website you can apply for bad credit Personal Installment Loans to get instant funding for home redecoration as well as any other urgent needs.